The Vision of Konopko Cooperative
Konopko Cooperative, Cooperative for the sustainable development of producing and processing hemp, z.o.o., social enterprise., Lindek 22, 3213 Frankolovo, Slovenia
The main purpose of our cooperative is to link together existing as well as future producers and processors of hemp, innovators, researchers and others. Another purpose is to ensure a socially beneficial way of producing and processing hemp, in this manner we fully support smaller and medium sized producers, connect rural and urban areas whilst operating within the guidelines of Fair Trade. We promote and encourage the development of organic farming and sustainable supply of hemp, including hemp products, as well as promote the idea of social enterprises in the field of hemp production and processing.
The intent of this cooperative is to execute activities in the field of social enterprise in the following areas:
- Fair Trade: a trade, that ensures the sale of produce and products from small and medium sized producers / processors with a strong emphasis on ethics, this meaning that the bussiness realtionship between different agents is transparent, equal and aimed at just payment for all included.
- To stimalate and support all members of the co-operative through the exchange of knowledge, aids and available machinery for producing and processing hemp
- Establishing a system of quality standards for hemp products
- Encouraging and assisting members to shift towards organic producing / processing of hemp
- Preservation of cultural, technical and natural heritage in the field of hemp and agriculture
- Stimulating the development of local hemp activities
- Incenting producing and processing of hemp as well as supporting research and development activities within the field
- Educating and informing the general public about novelties / innovations in the field of hemp
- Legal counselling concerning hemp production and processing
Long-term objectives of the Konopko Cooperative
- General promotion of industrial hemp in Slovenia and cooperative idea.
- The acquisition and development of technical equipment for the production and processing of hemp (sharing resources)
- Linking urban centers to rural areas (direct contact - farmer - cooperative - buyer)
- Establishment of operational units cooperatives in rural areas in Slovenia (buying crop, processing, advice to farmers)
- Establishing a cooperative retail units in major cities in Slovenia (sales, consulting, training customers)
- Setting up a Slovenian Hemp Center (workshops, training, education, school field trips ...)
- Organization of events on the topic of industrial hemp (workshops, lectures ...)
- Development of new products from industrial hemp (in conjunction with universities, institutes, innovators, researchers and industry).
- Generating new jobs in urban areas and rural areas
- Promoting the cultivation of industrial hemp - revitalization of contaminated soil using industrial hemp (fitoremidiation), rehabilitation of agricultural land under intensive use of pesticides, the cultivation of hemp in the area with various restrictions (Natura 2000, water protected areas).
Statute (ruls) Konopko Cooperative (SLO)
Application form for membership in the Konopko Cooperative (SLO)
Konopko Cooperative - introduction
Lets cooperate - Workshop on cooperative integration and cooperation (CAAP 2014) (SLO)
Zadružništvo je prava stvar!
V zadrugo Konopko so vabljene različne skupine oz. posamezniki:
- pridelovalci konoplje (kmetje),
- predelovalci konoplje,
- lastniki kmetijske in druge mehanizacije,
- strokovnjaki na področju konopljarstva,
- prodajni strokovnjaki,
- redni kupci naših izdelkov,
- vsi, ki so pripravljeni sodelovati v zgodbi.