Membership in the Konopko Cooperative and it's advantages
- hemp growers (farmers)
- processors of hemp
- owners of farming machinery and equipment
- experts, researchers, developers in the field of hemp production / processing and sales (including hemp products)
- everyone interested in hemp and who are willing to participate in our story
- buyers of our products
- Konopko supporters
Benefits for members are:
- all relevant information about hemp is gathered in one place (here :) )
- lower production costs (joint usage of machinery and equipment)
- common usage of the co-op brand, making for a more effective marketing
- legal protection
- more rapid progress using a common information database
- buying crops from members at a fair price
- lower purchase prices for hemp seeds for growing
- lower prices for end buyers who are members of the co-op.
The social benefits of Konopko Co-op are clear and simple!
- generating new employment opportunities
- encouraging local economy growth
- a higher degree of self-sufficiency within Slovenia
- regenerating arable land
- environmentally friendly sustainable economy
- inclusion of socially vulnerable groups
What are our long-term objectives?
- General promotion and organisation of hemp growing in Slovenia, promotion of cooperative idea.
- The acquisition and development of technical equipment for the production and processing of hemp (sharing resources)
- Linking urban centers to rural areas (direct contact - farmer - cooperative - buyer)
- Establishment of operational units cooperatives in rural areas in Slovenia (buying crop, processing, advice to farmers)
- Establishing a cooperative retail units in major cities in Slovenia (sales, consulting, training customers)
- Setting up a Slovenian Hemp Association (workshops, training, education, research,...)
- Organization of events on the topic of industrial hemp (workshops, lectures, round tables ...)
- Development of new products from industrial hemp (in conjunction with universities, institutes, innovators, researchers and industry).
- Generating new jobs in urban areas and rural areas
- Promoting the cultivation of industrial hemp - revitalization of contaminated soil using industrial hemp (fitoremidiation), rehabilitation of agricultural land under intensive use of pesticides, the cultivation of hemp in the area with various restrictions (Natura 2000, water protected areas).
Članstvo po statutu
Člani zadruge so lahko fizične osebe, ki se povezujejo zavoljo uresničevanja svojih ekonomskih, socialnih, kulturnih in drugih potreb. Cilj zadruge je čimbolj učinkovito povezovanje članov v odgovarjanju na skupne gospodarske in družbene potrebe in hkrati izvajati čimbolj družbi in naravnemu okolju prijazno poslovanje. S tem zadruga krepi idejo zadružništva in promovira sodelovanje na lokalni, regionalni, nacionalni in mednarodni ravni.